ARE WE OPEN? YES - LIMITED OPENING.
We will be open every other Tuesday from 12pm until 1:30pm. It will be limited service with drive-thru and pre-packed bags of groceries. We will be following guidelines and will be wearing gloves and masks as we serve our guests.
You can get in contact with Care Ministries/Food Pantry at email@example.com or call 804-476-0632
An additional resource is Feedmore 804-521-2500
RECENT FOOD PANTRY UPDATE
Tuesday, Oct. 20, 2020
It's a true blessing to see how our pantry and church help those in need. We have a lot to be thankful for this past couple of weeks:
- Kroger donated gift cards for the purchase of Thanksgiving turkeys
- Our very own Kids' Ministry is hosting a Thanksgiving food drive
- Clay Tompkins donation of eggs
- Return of a past volunteer
- Outpouring of donations for both the food pantry and Carver families
- We hosted 29 families this week with 4 deliveries, 4 Connors Heroes and 1 new family.
- One of our volunteer families whose daughter is facing a very serious medical condition and has a newborn baby. Their daughter lives out of state where they are with her. Please pray for strength and healing for the family and wisdom for the medical team treating her.
- Pray for the upcoming Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays as we prepare for the celebration of each with our families.
- Praise for the overwhelming support of our ministry from our community.
- We will be closed Election Day (Nov 3) due to Gayton Church being a voting location
- Carver Food Drive Thursday, October 29
- Thanksgiving Blessings Tuesday, November 17
- Begin preparations for Christmas (opening Dec 1, 8 and 15)
- MOST NEEDED ITEMS:
- Canned Vegetables
- Pasta Sauce
- Thanksgiving items (sweet potatoes, mashed potato mix, stuffing, cranberry sauce)
We sincerely thank everyone!
-Mike, Amy and Carolyn