Please review Gayton's Designated Gift Policy.
If you prefer to give by paper check or some other means, you can also mail your gift to:
Gayton Baptist Church, 13501 N. Gayton Road, Henrico, VA 23233
The Bible says to give cheerfully, so why should the giving experience be a drag?
Gayton's online giving platform is simple to set up and use.
What's this means for you:
-A much more enjoyable and simplistic giving process.
-It wasn't built for the 1900's. It's built for the modern mobile transaction. You can even use Apple Pay!
-Make note of how you can cover the processing fees was well!
*See FAQs below
Instructions on Getting Started
STEP 1: SETUP YOUR ONLINE GIVING
- Click on the Online Giving link above. The giving interface through Tithely will open.
- Click on "Sign Up" at the top right and follow the steps to create your user account* (Note: It is recommended you create an account. If you're giving a one-time gift, you don't have to create an account, although it's still recommended.)
- You can add your preferred payment methods while creating your user account.
- Fill out the info (amount you want to give, payment method, etc...).
- Consider checking the "Cover Fees" option. Every transaction has fees associated for processing the payment that are taken from your gift. To make sure Gayton receives your full intended gift, select the "Cover Fees" option. The fee total will be shown to you and added to your total transaction amount.
- Consider using ACH as your payment method. It's drawn directly from your checking account and the fees are much lower than credit card processing.
- If you're setting up a recurring giving, select that option at the bottom before you finish and select the frequency.
- Click the "Give" button at the bottom to complete your transaction.
Why are there processing fees?
Great question! Any time you perform an online transaction using a payment method such as a credit/debit card, or ACH bank transfer, there is a payment processing company that works in the background. This isn't unique to Gayton, but exists for all organizations and companies who utilize these payment methods. This processing company ensures full cyber security measures such as end-to-end encryption for the payment data, and compliance with federal regulations. So while that ensures a secure and convenient way to give to Gayton, it also means a small percentage of your gift goes to the fees these processing companies charge. You can select to cover these processing fees which ensures your full intended gift goes to Gayton, and the processing fee is added to the transaction total. If you select "cover fees", it wills how you exactly how much the fee adds to the total.
If I cover the processing fees, are the fees tax deductible?
Can I still give via check or cash?
Yes! Although we encourage you to give online. If you prefer giving via check, consider setting up recurring giving using ACH (bank account) within the online giving system. That way, even if you're out on vacation or out for a Sunday, your gift is still given. Giving online also cuts down on the amount of time it takes our finance admin to process giving each week. There are black offering boxes located along the hallway outside of the Worship Center and near the exit of the gym where offerings can be placed each Sunday.