What is Gayton Kids?
Gayton Kids is a ministry for children from birth through 5th grade and their families. We partner with parents to help children grow in their relationship with God by inciting wonder, provoking discovery, and by fueling passion. We seek to utilize new and innovative ways to say, show, and teach timeless Biblical truths unique to each age level while considering the needs of every child. We would love to welcome your kids to be a part of Gayton Kids!
Kids Ministry programming is available in both the 9:30 and 11:00 services with limited exceptions. Check in for first time guests takes place at the Kids Min check-in desk outside of the main church office downstairs. 9:30 service check in is from 9:15 - 9:35 and 11:00 service check in is from 10:45 - 11:05. Kids Ministry leaders may not be available to assist after worship begins. Please arrive early!
Gayton Elementary Kids (kindergarten through fifth grade) meet in person in the Big Room, Room 126, downstairs. Preschoolers (age 2+ through PreK) meet downstairs in Room 121, and the nursery (birth through 24 months) meets upstairs in Room 210.
We are excited to offer Kids Ministry programming throughout the year! Please check out the Glance or the monthly Kids Min newsletter for the most up-to-date information about upcoming Kids Ministry events.
Here are some important dates you won’t want to miss:
- Easter Story Trail: Wednesday, March 29, 2023 during midweek meal
- Easter Jam Family Experience: Thursday, March 23, 2023 5 - 6 pm in the gym
- Mother’s Day, Sunday May 14, 2023 - kids to pass out gifts during 9:30/11:00 arrival
- Preschool Church Graduation/ Playground Popsicle Party: Sunday, June 11, 2023 on the playground after the 11:00 service
- Father’s Day, Sunday, June 19, 2023 - kids to pass out gifts during 9:30/11:00 arrival
- STELLAR Vacation Bible School: June 19- June 23, 2023 from 8:45 am (drop off) to 11:30 pm (pick-up)
- Kids Ministry Family Picnic: Friday, July 21, 2023 (offsite, location TBD)
- 2023-2024 Kids Min Leader Training (available in-person and online): Sunday, August 13, 2023 at 3 pm in the worship center
- Summer Jam Family Experience: Thursday, August 17, 2023 5 pm - 6 pm in the gym
Feel free to contact Hillary with any questions about these events!
Our Vision for Gayton Kids Ministry
Gayton Kids Ministry staff and volunteers will partner with families to raise disciples who passionately follow Jesus.
Our Commitment to Each Kid and Family
- We will make it safe
- We will share Jesus with passion
- We will bring the fun
- We will connect with families
Our nursery is a special place for infants and toddlers, from birth to 2 years, to play and be cared for by our loving and capable volunteers.
On Sunday mornings, our Preschool Church volunteers lead children in understanding that God made them, God loves them, and Jesus wants to be their friend forever. These 3 "big ideas," as well as age-appropriate weekly bible points, are reinforced in pre- and post- worship small group activities, including a monthly Bible memory verse complete with motions that help make it "stick" for our youngest disciples.
On Sunday mornings, elementary-aged kids engage in a fun, compelling worship service designed just for them. In Elementary Kids Worship, we seek to engage elementary schoolers to grow up understanding that they can make wiser choices, build stronger relationships, and develop a deeper authentic faith. We weave worship music, Bible stories, small group activities, video experiences, and more to reinforce one clear and simple bottom line each week, so kids can walk away and remember what matters most.
Follow Us Online!
To be added to the distribution list for the monthly Kids Ministry e-newsletter, contact Hillary.
Want more? Follow us on Facebook or Instagram for daily resources and ideas promoting discipleship opportunities for the whole family.
*For the safety and privacy of our children, only those actively attending or leading Kids Ministry programming will be given access to these closed pages.
Meet our Kids Minister
If you have further questions about our Gayton Kids experience or visiting Gayton with children, simply click the button below and get in touch with us!